Do you ever feel disconnected, or out of touch with the rest of the world? Have you ever felt like there wasn’t a judgment-free listening ear around, or a space to allow your excitability to be what it was always meant to be? For the Over Excitable woman, it is easy to feel alienated. Simone de Hoogh, this week’s guest on Embracing Intensity, experienced that herself, since no one in the UK really “talks about” emotions, excitability, and Giftedness.
Simone gets what it means to be Over Excitable, and has learned throughout the years that embracing her inner fire means helping others understand their own. She knows that as we learn more and more about Over Excitability, the need for a safe space to share our experiences grows. It followed that she might just need to create one, and so she founded Powerwood, a camp for families with Over Excitable and Gifted children to come together without fear of judgment or misunderstanding. This week on Embracing Intensity, listen to Simone’s wisdom and experience caring for those she loves, and giving back to a community that needs her.
More in this Week’s Episode:
- Learn how Powerwood got its start
- See how neurological diversity can create a positive change
- Experience with Simone the emotions of the first ever Powerwood camp
- How Powerwood became a Not-for-Profit company
- Hear how Simone’s childhood transformed her adult ambitions.
- Explore the differing cultural approaches and levels of acceptance to over-excitability and emotions
- Get Simone’s tips for living well.
- Hear Simone’s pleasures of “being on this side of fifty.”
Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingles Wilder
Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card
Over Excitability Questionnaire